A)Reading about Genie taught me many of things. For someone to do this to their own child is the worst thing ever. This case taught me that nature can not work on its own. In order for a human to grow and be healthy he/she must be nurtured as well.
B)Based on what i read, I learned that nature and nurture work hand-in-hand. Since Genie was restraint from doing various things she was unable to perform many of the simplest tasks that teenagers her age could do.
C)The biggest breakthrough the scientific community learned because of Genie was that neither nurture nor nature can function all on its on. In order to have a good outcome the two must work together.
D)If i could rewrite Genie's story things would end totally different. Genie's parents would suffer severe consequences for doing this. Genie would be making lots of progress and beginning to live a normal life.To help her i would attempt to donate money to her.
E) Based on the discovery of Genie I can infer that human nature cannot properly function without the nurture that should come along with it. As I stated before the two work hand-in-hand.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Very profound thoughts Lawrisha, I am truly impressed by your reflections! I truly see you learned much in the study of feral children!
Post a Comment